Skunk Deodorizing Formula
There are several commercial products available that do a great job (Skunk Off among them), but you can make a formula using simple, inexpensive ingredients you probably already have at home that does a wonderful job. The ingredients are:
- 1 quart 3% hydrogen peroxide
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dishwashing liquid soap
- Mix ingredients well and use the solution to bathe your dog or cat. It works best if you don't use anything prior to this mixture.
- Lather pet well and then rinse thoroughly with tap water.
- After your pet dries, the smell should disappear.
Occasionally more than one bath is needed and at times, the pet will still have a faint smell when wet for a few days following this.