The Advantages of Laser Surgery for Pets
Massillon Animal Hospital uses a laser for all surgeries (except orthopedic procedures). Unlike traditional surgical methods, the laser option offers the following benefits for dogs and cats:
- Reduced Pain — Lasers cut tissue with a beam of light, which seals the nerve endings so there is very little pain when your pet wakes up.
- Less Bleeding — The blood vessels are sealed by the laser as they cut, so there is usually no need for bandaging after surgery.
- Decreased Swelling — Using a laser seals the lymph vessels in the skin, which nearly eliminates any swelling after surgery.
- A "No Touch" Surgical Technique — Lasers cut without touching any tissue, which eliminates much of the trauma associated with standard techniques.
- Faster Recovery — Less bleeding, less pain, and less swelling means that pets undergoing laser surgery generally recover faster with fewer side effects.
Please give us a call at (330) 833-3607 if you have any questions regarding laser surgery.