Massillon Animal Hospital provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and experienced team to provide your pet with high-quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and technicians are experienced with a range of surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, surgical monitoring, and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
In addition to spaying and neutering, we also offer the following soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries:
Soft Tissue Surgery
All surgeries, except orthopedic procedures, are performed using a surgical laser.
*Dr. Slawienski, a board-certified orthopedic surgeon, visits our hospital when needed.
Why we are the best choice for your pet's surgical needs
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At Massillon Animal Hospital, your pet's safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work—ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
- Safe Anesthesia—We use Sevoflurane, a very safe anesthetic gas which is also used in human pediatric medicine. The pet is only under the effects of the gas while inhaling it. Once the mask is pulled away, the pet begins to breathe oxygen and starts to recover.
- Experienced Monitoring Support—our trained technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet's pulse rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure.
- IV Catheter Placement—warm IV fluids are given during surgery which offers many benefits to your pet. Blood pressure remains stable, and with fluids any injectable medications are more quickly flushed from the system. We also have an emergency access line in the rare case of an anesthetic emergency. Experience has shown us that pets simply feel better after surgeries with warm fluids than without them.
- Pain Medication—is administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet's comfort.